Monday, May 9, 2011

Catch up!







Well, it's my first time with access to a computer to finally update the blog with some pictures off of our camera. So far Owen has only had his cell phone and the photo's on there to post. I've got a few pics from London including Buckingham Palace, the London Eye and a couple randoms.


Owen mentioned this earlier but, London felt like home to me (with the exception of the hostel)... I slept the best in St. James' park on the loungers they put out in the sun. The hostel we stayed at had the most uncomfortable bed I've ever been in and we were right beside the showers and the bathrooms so it was loud pretty much all the time except between 5am and 7am which I assume is when all of the 19 year olds finally pass out. I've included a picture of how I slept (doing my best not to touch the sheets at the hostel)



Aside from the hostel, we had a great time wandering around London being tourists. The London Eye was exciting on the way up but, you are on it for 30 minutes so, by the time you get to the top you have pretty much seen everything there is to see. I especially enjoyed the 4D show we got to see afterwards...




The flight from London Gatwick to Barcelona was quick and easy! We decided to head to Gatwick a little early and enjoy the Yotel! We only have a video (haven't figured out how to get it on here yet) but, basically it was a tiny hotel room at the airport. You get a bed, TV, (hot) shower and a toilet... After three days in our hostel with cold showers we were REALLY looking forward to a warm one! The only other thing to point out was that our Easyjet flight was seat yourself... I'd never been on a plane without assigned seating but, everyone seemed to figure it out :)



Barcelona was amazing! Our hostel was MUCH better (I didn't even sleep in my mummy bag!) and we were lucky enough to have friends come and visit us for the last couple days. Owen and I were super happy to have someone who spoke the language.... We hadn't really got up the confidence to wander in somewhere for food unless they had pictures because we had no idea what we were ordering... We had our first night out on the town with Misha and Darlin and obviously as per Owen's earlier post that will be the last one for a while. I'm not use to eating dinner at 10pm and then staying out until 6am so, the next day was a bit iffy ;) Owen's already posted a lot of pics so, I'll just do a couple more from the Barcelona game we attended and be done for now... We've only just got to Madrid but, we have activated our Eurorail passes and are LOVING staying with Misha and Darlin.... it's nice to stay at someone's house! I can't wait to sleep without doors slamming every 5 minutes...








Posted by Jess

































No comments:

Post a Comment